Dr. Rubin’s E-Newsletter
Recent Podcasts and Articles
- Introducing vitamin D
- Further Proof of the Importance of Exercise in Diabetes
- Could a Voucher System Work for Medicare?
- Do Statins Cause Diabetes
- Is Glargine Insulin Treatment Associated With More Cancer?
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Do They Prevent Heart Attacks?
- The Number One Problem in High Blood Pressure
- Medical Procedures You Don’t Need
- Reducing Blood Pressure without Drugs
- New Exercise Discoveries For Diabetes
Category Archives: Thyroid
This article tells you about the various forms of thyroiditis, including chronic thyroiditis, subacute thyroiditis and acute thyroidiitis. Continue reading
This healthcast describes the special characteristics of thyroid disease in the elderly. Continue reading
This healthcast will tell you how to find the best specialist for your thyroid condition. The recommendations apply to any illness for which you need a specialist. Continue reading
This Healthcast is all about large thyroid glands, whatever the cause. You will discover: The causes of a large gland or a bump on the thyroid called a nodule, How to tell if your gland is large and whether it should concern you, What you and your doctor should do about it Continue reading
This Healthcast will tell you what you need to know to deal with hyperthyroidism, the condition in which the thyroid gland makes too much thyroid hormone. Continue reading
This Healthcast is about hypothyroidism, the condition of low production of thyroid hormone, a condition that affects more than 20 million Americans and hundreds of millions of others outside the USA Continue reading
“Introduction to the Thyroid” will tell you what you need to know about this important but rarely appreciated gland. Continue reading
You take enough T4 to reduce the TSH level to normal. Changes in the level of T4 you take are checked with blood tests no more often than every 4 weeks. Continue reading