In this podcast, I provide an overview of diabetes.
- How many people have diabetes?
- What is diabetes?
- Why is it called diabetes mellitus?
- What are the complications of diabetes?
- Can these complications be prevented?
- What are the the characteristics of Type 1 (or juvenile) diabetes?
- How did the isolation of insulin change the lives of Type 1 diabetics?
- What are the the characteristics of Type 2 (or what used to be called “Adult Onset”) diabetes?
- What do you need to do to avoid the complications of diabetes?
Length: 15 minutes
The advice in these Healthcasts is no subsititue for the advice of your own physician. You should make no changes in your medical care based on this advice before checking with your physician.