In this week’s podcast about the importance of exercise, I answer the following questions:
- What are the benefits of exercise?
- Should you see a doctor before starting a program of vigorous exercise?
- How much exercise should you do?
- Which type of exercise should you do to meet your goals?
- How vigorous should your exercise be?
- How many calories will you burn?
- Should you do resistance training and why?
- What strategies can you use to stick to your program?
- Do you need to stretch before you exercise?
I recommend a program of walking at least 10,000 steps per day, and tell you how to accomplish this by measuring your progress using a pedometer.
Length: 23 minutes
The advice in these Healthcasts is no subsititue for the advice of your own physician. You should make no changes in your medical care based on this advice before checking with your physician.